Iva S. Hirsch, Esq.
Iva S. Hirsch is an attorney in the Firm. Ms. Hirschs practice focuses on family law, including pre-nuptial agreements, divorce, mediation, custody, and bankruptcy matters.
Ms. Hirsch received her A.B. and J.D. from the University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana. She is admitted to the State Bar of Arizona, the State Bar of Illinois (inactive status), the United States District Court for the District of Arizona, the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, and the United States Supreme Court. Ms. Hirsch was certified by the State of Arizona as a Family Law Specialist from 1992 through August, 2018. She served on the State Bar Family Law Advisory Commission, Board of Legal Specialization from 1999 through 2008. She served as a Judge Pro Tempore for the Maricopa County Superior Court from 1991 through 2008, and from 2012 to June 30, 2015, including acting as an Alternative Dispute Resolution Settlement Judge. She is a past Chairperson of the Maricopa County Family Law Section. She has lectured on Bankruptcy and Family Law issues for the State Bar of Arizona and the Maricopa County Bar as well as other groups. She co-authored From Debts Due Us Part, 23 Ariz. B.J. 22, 1987. She is AV rated by Martindale Hubbell. Since 2010, Ms. Hirsch has been recognized by Super Lawyers as an outstanding attorney. Each year, no more than five percent of lawyers in the state receive this honor.
Articles and Presentations
- Co-author, From Debts Due Us Part, 23 Ariz. B.J. 22 (1987)
- Lecturer, Bankruptcy and Family Law issues, State Bar of Arizona and Maricopa County Bar Association
Professional and Community Activities
- Member, State Bar of Arizona
- Member, State Bar of Illinois (inactive status)
- Member, State Bar Family Law Advisory Commission (1999-2008)
- Judge Pro Tempore/Alternative Dispute Resolution Settlement Judge, Maricopa County Superior Court (1991-2008 and 2012 to present)
- Past Chairperson, Maricopa County Family Law Section
- Arizona (1980)
- Illinois (1979)
- United States District Court for the District of Arizona
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States Supreme Court
Education & Honors
- A.B., Economics, University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana (1976)
- J.D., University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana (1979)
- State of Arizona Certified Family Law Specialist since 1992
- AV rated, Martindale Hubbell
- Recognized by Super Lawyers as an outstanding attorney since 2010